decorative scroll graphic

SS#3 Black Bay School

photo of SS#3 Black Bay School
Built in 1893, this squared log structure is a fine example of the one-room school house typical of this period. Its structure consists of hand-square, 15" squared timbers, that were harvested nearby. In 2005 the building was dismantled and moved here from its original location on Black Bay Road, and since then has been carefully restored, timbers and all, to its original condition.