decorative scroll graphic

Virtual Tour of the Village

click for 360 virtual tour
Present Photography owned and operated by Russ Hill specializes in 360 degree virtual tours. He has created a set of virtual tours of the Petawawa Heritage Village for visitors to our website to see. These tours provide an impressive experience to... more...
Stable
This frame building stood for many years behind the parsonage at St John's Lutheran Church on Black Bay Road.
Wood Fired Oven all fired up
The wood fired oven also known as the "Quebec Oven" it became an addition to the Village in 2011. We use the oven to demonstrate baking cookies to the children who come to the Heritage Village on day trips from the Renfrew County Schools... more...
photo of SS#3 Black Bay School
Built in 1893, this squared log structure is a fine example of the one-room school house typical of this period. Its structure consists of hand-square, 15" squared timbers, that were harvested nearby. In 2005 the building was dismantled and... more...
Working Pole Barn
Completed in 2012, the pole barn houses the Clouthier Lumber artifact collection, a livery collection including an old carriage and working and applied hit-and-miss engines(1). This barn is constructed of a pole skeleton fully enclosed with lumber... more...
photo of blacksmith shop exterior
At the beginning of the twentieth century, farming was done with the power of horses, thus the blacksmith was considered one of the most essential tradesmen in any pioneer community. His job was to make tools for himself and the various tradesmen... more...
Woodworking Shop
The woodworking shop is located in the north end of the stable.
Trapper/ Settle Cabin outside view
Log cabin for settler/trapper to live in - complete with furnishings and furs.
photo of das leder haus exterior - south side
This restored original log house celebrates on of Petawawa's founding families: the Leders. In 1885, Karl and Auguste travel from England to Canada, and on to the small settlement at Petawawa where they constructed this small home.
photo of replica railway station - south side
The railway, linking Canada from coast to coast, has been an integral part of Petawawa since 1856, and was integral in the development of the community and its people.

Pages