The Petawawa Heritage Society is the non-profit organization responsible for the development and maintenance of the Petawawa Heritage Village. As the stewards of our pre-1914 Canadian History, we are challenged with the ongoing and ever growing responsibility to preserve and restore our many exhibits.
Our volunteers and donors play an key role in our development. Much of what you see is the result of our dedicated volunteers and the generosity of our donors. In order for us to continue to provide our visitors from all around the world with an exceptional historical experience we need your help.
Our volunteers are the life of this Village. From our onsite interpreters to behind-the-scenes laborers and administrators, we rely on our dedicated team to help our history come alive. We provide all necessary training to ensure that each one of our volunteers finds their place in our past.
Volunteering offers you the opportunity to:
• Share a passion for or learn new skills related to a historic trade.
• Meet amazing new people.
• Become immersed in our local history.
• Gain valuable experience working with the public in a museum.
• Earn hours towards high school graduation.
• Receive free admission to the museum and all special events.